Tuesday, February 15, 2005

When cancer comes home

It's unbelievable what kinds of issues can affect a person when they receive a diagnosis. Who should they find for treatment? Where do they go to ask questions? What are the questions they should be asking? What can they expect?

And then there are so many more issues. What about parents? If your parents are not in this country how do you get them there so that you can spend time with them in your time of need. And how does one retain a level of normalcy in life? Is it possible to get the best treatment where I am or do I need to relocate, and if I did relocate or fly for treatments, what would happen next?

I'm glad I can be there through these questions. I feel fortunate to be in the medical profession, from which I have access at my fingertips to so many individuals and excellent physicians. It is astounding what people will do for you and what they will put themselves through to help preserve the life of another person they don't even know. And finding these people, who can provide so much help, allows me to make what small contributions I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment