Saturday, January 14, 2006

. . .and now A trip to Peru

Can you tell I'm trying to catch up on all the restaurants I love?



Anyway . . on to

La Feria
5527 Walnut St. 2nd Floor
Shadyside
(412) 682-4501

Although I am a fan of making my own home-cooked food 80% of the time, I enjoy knowing the traditional food from lands abroad. Hence my persistent attraction to La Feria, a treasure of a restaurant seated above the popular Shadyside Pamela's diner, in my current home of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Upon first entering this place you're not sure if it's a 10,000 Villages or a restaurant, but make your way through the handcrafted Peruvian imports in the front area of La Feria. In the back, you will find your way to the 10-table dining area, sparsely decorated. Here, you will be presented with authentic Peruvian meals with a constantly changing menu. Try the empanadas: the beef empanadas are fantastic, as are the sweet potato chips served with a tangy mayonnaise sauce. And for the entree my biggest recommendation is the combo, which comes with your choice of two of the specials from a menu that changes daily, or even a few times during the day. It also includes a delicious salad with vinaigrette dressing and rice. Truly, you can't go wrong with whatever you pick. And there are usually two meat and one vegetarian dish to select from.

The food is simple, flavorful, and terrific. You will find yourself coming back again and again. I know I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment