Thursday, February 09, 2006

Jocks 'n' Nerds

For the lame showing that the med schoolers made at my house party last month, I have to say that we have a lot to show for it. The pictures came out amazing and the events seem to be pretty memorable. Thanks to everyone who came; it was fun to get together.

So I am back very late from an evening at the DEC. Most of the people I've talked to give it mixed reviews, but I have had a great time so far. It's all about taking initiative and asking questions about patients. It also sometimes requires you to stay longer than you expected, but talking to the patient (and bungling it up as I did) was an experience I value! Anyway, enough preaching.

I can't wait to go to the orchestra this weekend. I'm looking forward to hearing both Ravel and Brahms, and the solo pianist will be Garrick Ohlsson, who I look forward to also hearing at Carnegie Music Hall in a few months. And we'll be checking out Six Penn Avenue - a new restaurant - before the show. The review is forthcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment