Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Too damn tired

Man oh man I need a rest! Just got back from a particularly cool day on opthalmology where I saw:

1. Viral Conjunctivitis (also saw a Bacterial conjunctivitis, which is very rare.)
2. Distichiasis (aberrantly grown eyelash which caused my patient tiny corneal abrasions)
3. Malignant glaucoma (another rarity - this patient's intraocular pressures in the OP clinic were in the 60s!)
4. Subconjunctival hemorrhages (common, but interesting and largely benign)
5. Orbital and maxillary fracture from facial trauma
6. Post-op cataract patients who demonstrated dramatic visual improvement
7. Periorbital cellulitis (evaluated for r/o orbital cellulitis, but had no post-septal inflammation)
8. Post-head fracture baby withOUT retinal hemorrhage
9. Nodular scleritis in patient with vague myalgias
10. Lots of cool corneas and irises and conjunctivae and pupils and lenses (with and without cell and flare) on slit-lamp exam. I've finally started to learn those cool ophthalmic tools which I never got to play with and will, unfortunately, never use again.
11. I also learned to evert an eyelid to evaluate for foreign bodies. Don't try this at home, but as a reminder to myself, I used a Q-tip at the superior eyelid crease as a fulcrum for flipping the lid.

Mmmm. . gross.

And now I am very sleepy, which I only realized as I made my rainy way on the bus home. Night night.

No comments:

Post a Comment