Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Conspiracies and Drops in Tapwave Zodiac pricing

There seems to be a price war on the Tapwave Zodiac - it's down to below $285 on some sites and maybe it will drop more. But what has precipitated the sudden drop in prices? Low sales? high sales? A new model coming up? But Tapwave and every other website is mum so I'd assume it's all just a price war. Nevertheless, I'd appreciate your comments.

Also, I have an additional conspiracy theory regarding Amazon's website. I've been a dedicated amazon customer (and bookseller) for 5-or-so years now, and I have noticed that they have re-listed two relatively old items: the Tungsten T5 and the Tapwave Zodiac 2. I don't know if the same has been done for other electronics items over the past few days.

In previous Amazon listings, the T5 has been rated at 3 stars consistently since its release, whereas the Zodiac 2 was always near 5 stars. Now both are down to "no reviews" and "not yet released" status. I'm slightly suspicious of Amazon having imposed this status on both items, which I think is unfair to consumers, who wish to have accurate reviews regarding both items. I am curious about how often this re-listing occurs for other products as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment