Thursday, January 20, 2005

Bullfrogs, Frogs' Legs, and Toads

Bullfrogs: Just started writing an arrangement of "Joy to the World" by Three Dog Night for my a cappella group. It's the first song i've ever tried to arrange in full. Crazy. I hope it goes decently and sounds good. At least the group has faith in me. It's certainly a fun respite from school, writing music. Not something I get to do every day. Makes me want to be more creative in my every day efforts.

Now, to get to updating my language skills and get to painting again. I've got three works in progress that are just dying to get completed! Oooh I want to oil paint.

Cool website: www.jibjab.com - check out their new tune hailing (with real hail) the inauguration of our great Prez-O-dent

Frogs' legs: I just started reading Anthony Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook. So far so good. It's as in-your-face as anyone has told me so far. I don't know how much I like the overall look of the book. Being a design maven, I find something about the design simply off, but i'm being picky. First I need to try the recipes and put in as much oomph and gusto into the work as Mounsieur Bourdain demands. Then I pass it on to my dad, who gives the final word on the quality of the book. At least I know that one of my fave TV chefs, "Molto Mario" Batali, enjoys the work. Hope it turns out well and that I have the hours and hours I need to put out these French creations.

And finally, Toads: No, I'm not talking my fave early-nineties band Toad the Wet Sprocket (whose guitar pick from a 2003 concert is now in my possession) . . I'm talking about men. Specific toads in my life, actually. How the heck do you forget about the great toad in your life that couldn't be your prince for decidedly practical reasons? Is my task a "fool's errand"? I guess all I can do is remember the good times and hope that another toad pops into view sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment